Sunday, December 13, 2009

Abstract conversation





I'd like an application please.

For what?

Um...guardian angel.

Sorry, we don't do that anymore. I'm afraid you're on your own.

No, no. I don't need one...I'd like to *be* one.

(Silence)

There is nothing stopping you from doing that now. Guard whomever you like.

I've tried! It's not so easy.

What do you need help with?

Well...people are skeptical.

Yes.

They question your motives.

Sure.

It should be easier...it seems... I just want to help.

What do you want specifically? Ask.

I'd like some wings. The long flowing robe. Immortality. And freedom from my own problems so I can focus on those of others. Can't I just fly around loving people or something?

Impossible. You were born human. You will always be so. Problems and mortality are kind of your thing, get it? The point is what you do IN SPITE of your own shortcomings.

I knew you'd say that. Can't we just trade?I'll do your job.

Sure! You be the Universe and I'll be a tree. This is illogical. You are you. I am. This is how it is.

OK. I get it. Just call me home then. I'm lonely. Anxious. Frazzled. Delirious. Emotional! Lost. I'm not cut out for this. You must see that.

No. I do not. You must see what *I* see. You are equipped to meet every challenge you face. You will help soon enough. You will be frightened but I will be with you.

I know... I feel you smiling at me. Supporting me. Leading me along a path that I cannot see. I feel you there. Sometimes. But I can't SEE you. I can't hear you. Are you there?

(Silence)

Sometimes I can't separate my thoughts from yours. Where do I end and you begin? Am I just talking to myself? Assuming what you'd say and filling in the blanks? Just molecules and chemicals. A complex chemical reaction. Is that all it is?

...

I'm sure I was talking to you. I feel you. I know it.

...

Help me be a better person tomorrow.

How about now?

Good idea...

Location:Buck Owens Blvd,Bakersfield,United States

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful my friend.. keep writing so I can read.
    Connie/glitzyorbit

    ReplyDelete
  2. And.. coming on the heels of watching, "It's a Wonderful Life" it's a one-two punch & she's down for the count. Wow. Thanks Aaron. When you write, you write. This is awesome and I relate so much. Human inadequacy is just the pits. But ask George Bailey--we never know just how much our little part is actually producing. Nice to know we're not alone in our struggles. Fight on brother. :)(And write on, as well!)

    ReplyDelete